Sunday, October 21, 2012

Quilt Show, Matchmakers, and Beds??


I know you are going to say Finally!!

That QUILT SHOW you talked about was more than a month ago!

Hey, calm down. I was gone for 5 weeks, remember. OK there, I am not too late.

This is how it went...

Thursday was the heck tick day where everyone runs around like chickens with their heads cut off and tries to hang quilts, get information desks set up, be all set up before the VENDORS come!!

It is just all crazy energy. and what did I do?? I sat around and watched.

NO. Did you really think I am THAT lazy?? What I really did was work my hind end off until it was all done.

I did take an hour off and eat some lunch with ladies at a local restaurant, but that is it otherwise.

OH, there was that Reese Cup I ate, but hey I need my energy!

Photobucket

On Friday bright and early at 8am I was up and ready to teach some people about the history of quilts!

I was involved in helping with the Vintage Bed Turning. It was a stack of vintage quilts on a bed and we would tell the history behind the quilt.

Photobucket
Here I am holding the quilts for the bed turning

Saturday was the same, we did the vintage bed turning demonstration ever hour and I helped out wherever in between. At 4:30pm we started taking down the quilt show and by 6pm it was all over.

Photobucket

My family came and judged on the quilts a watched me give the vintage bed turning demonstration.

My mom was asked if I was her sister, I was asked many times if I was married, and I got my picture taken for the newspaper!

Later on I also found out that a vendor wanted her grandson to start dating me... so I guess all around it was a great weekend!!

Photobucket
Here is my quilt

And to top that off I came home with a Fourth Place Ribbon!! (That might not sound great, but out of 17 other quilts in my category and all better than mine I think I did OK)

If you are ever in the area next year and you want to come we would be glad to have you!!

Over the two days we had over 500 visitors!

I really enjoyed myself :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! And very awesome for your ribbon, well done!

    ReplyDelete