Sunday, December 9, 2012

Being Popular


All of my life I wanted to fit in.

I think we all want to be excepted, maybe some of us more than others. I think it is silly, but yet I still wonder.. "Do I look OK?" "Will my style stand out?" "Will they like me?"

If it is on the Internet or out in public, once in a while that thought would cross my mind.

It use to be more when I was young then it is now. When I was 10 or 11 I REALLY wanted to fit.

I had friends, a great life and everything was easy.

Then when I reached about 15 everything changed!!

Some of my BEST friends just left, I had barley anyone that was my friend and I was kinda THAT person that you called when you REALLY didn't have anything to do.

I was VERY confused! What did I do?? the "am I good enough questions" came back..

Then I really got into horses and I met a friend and things where OK, but this friend was 25 years older than me.. so she was nice to talk to, but not the person you just have a sleepover with..

Catch my drift??

I still didn't have friends and I DESPERATELY wanted friends.

In those times I became much better friends with my family and I learned that being alone was OK.

One week before my birthday something great happened!

I met and AMAZING friend!

Katherine ( i mentioned meeting her), she is AWESOME! We have hung out and rode together and we totally enjoy hanging out :)

Funny how things work out!

Life is difficult, it can rub you the wrong way, but if you make the best of it you can make it through!

Were you popular when you were young?? Are you now?? Do you care anymore??

Feel good about yourself, You ARE amazing!

xo,
Beatrice

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there my dear, these growing up years are hard for everyone. I did not fit in when I was younger, my parents even switched me to a private school where I could start over and not be bullied or picked on. I made new friends. But to this day, and I'm now close to 40 - yikes! - my close friends are those that I met in my 20's, after high school and college. I have a couple friends from my younger years, but the girls that mean the most to me? I met them later in life. And, we still have sleepovers!

    You, my dear, are perfect the way you are!! And I'm happy you've met Katherine and have a wonderful friend in her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I stumbled upon your blog and man did this post hit close to home! I am 27 and I still struggle with this problem. I ask myself why do I even care if I am accepted, looked at in a certain way or even have a ton of friends. I find myself trying very hard and most of the time being let down. I have had friends come and go since the early days and I still cannot grasp what I am doing that keeps people around or makes them leave. I am an emotional person so I get hurt very easily. I put my trust in someone and expect to be treated the way I would treat them. It doesn't always work out that way. I feel as though it is better to have one best friend than 100 fake or unreliable friends. I am glad you have found that friend. Try not to focus on yourself or not being good enough. Everyone has that feeling to some degree just dont let it effect your happiness :)
    wideospaces.blogspot.com-hope you stop by sometime! We can be bloggy friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 30 now and I can remember thinking people were staring at me when i walked in to a room. The thing to remember is that no one really cares. Not really. Go ahead and wear what you want and like what you like and don't worry about it. After all, tacky is the new trendy. Just ask the "Hipsters".

    `Ashley`

    One more thing!..

    Don't choose friends based on how cool or popular they are. Find friends that will lift you up and help you to be a better person. That's the awesome thing about making friends. It's totally YOUR choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends come & go, but family is forever! Just be yourself, Bea!
    -Madison :)

    http://peaceofmyheart15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete