Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Top Ten Favorite Books

Photobucket



































1. The Georges and The Jewels by Jane Smiley. Being the owner of seven horses I like any horse related book, this book is great if you just like a good easy reading book about a girl and her family running their horse farm.

2. The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare. This hands down is the best book ever! The whole story is great, the character takes place in the time of the Romans. He is troubles about how the Romans are treating the Jews and he wants to fight against them. There is a little drama, romance and good wholesome reading in this book.

3. The Phantom Stallion by Terrie Farlley. This is one of the books in a 24 book series. I am a sucker for series and this horse series is great! It tells the many adventures of a 14 year old girl living in Nevada. One of my favorite horse series :)

4. The Help. I read the book before the movie, it is great! I don't normally cry when reading a book and this book made me cry. I think it covers many areas that the movie doesn't quite cover, just a great book all around!

5. Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb. I had to read this book for school and I LOVED it! It has all the plays by Shakespeare in one book and it has been tweaked for a little easier reading :) If you want to read all of Shakespeare's plays this is the book to read.

6. Sundancer by Shelly Peterson. This book is a horse book that I picked up at the library and thought 'oh it has a horse on it let me read it', it has become one of my favorite books ever! It is about a girl that has been traumatized my something that happened in her life and she learns overcome after meeting a horse. This is worth reading if you want a great book with a GREAT ending :)

7. Down Under by Bill Bryson. My dad got me into Bill Bryson's book. Me being from Australian this book really hit me. If you haven't read Billy Bryson's books.. you must! He incorporates funny and facts together. This book left me in stitches, and his writing is AMAZING!

8. The Soul of a Horse by Joel Camp. Again a great Horse book. This book really explains how horses think, through stories that Joel has experienced in his adventure of owning horses.
I picked this book up and couldn't put it down!

9. A Walk in The Woods by Bill Bryson. Out of all of his books this is my favorite!! He travels the Appalachian trail and tells about the whole experience. At times I could read because I was laughing SO hard!

10. The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball. I just finished this book and LOVED it! A friend gave it to me and said that I would LOVE this book and she was right :)
I tells of Kristin and her Husband as they start to farm.. I am not going to tell you more, you will just have to read it for yourself! Definitely a great book :)


This is a little guest post I did over at Maegan's Blog last week and I thought I would share it with you!!


Hope you have had a great last few days! I spent Monday and Tuesday recovering from a fall from my horse. I am all better today and keeping busy with Sewing and School.

xo,
Beatrice

2 comments:

  1. The Help = yes! Love that book! I need to add some of these to my to-read list, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never read any of these ... I plan to check some out! Thanks!

    -Madison
    http://peaceofmyheart15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete